I have finished redesigning the library stage, which took me a challenging week. I am now testing it for usability and playability, and I plan to enhance the scanning skill by adding hints.
Watching my friend play my game made me realize the library stage design wasn’t up to par. It’s frustrating to confront my doubts, but reworking it along with modifying the lighting will ultimately result in a better gaming experience.
Thanks to my friend for testing. It made the game more smooth. The playtime of the prologue seems to be about four hours. Nothing new to show this week. This video shows an example of using the ‘Bullet Walk’ to attack sentry guns behind shield bots.
Finally, I started the first QA with my friend despite some glitches remaining I had to fix. A bit nervous. I reworked almost everything with more story except the character and some background models.
Every day I do polishing with being surprised by the bugs I made before. I’m trying to end the polishing in March. After that, I would start translation, VO, and the most enjoyable tasks like keybindings, achievements, etc. I’m aiming to release this in June for now.
I’m polishing the game, making restart, tip screen, tutorial videos, etc. I started looking for translators.
Polishing everything. The lighting and fog value was modified based on feedback. I hope the current task list can be the last for the pre-alpha build. A win scene was added.
Dialogues done. Tutorials for bike combat and the end credits (for special thanks) were added. Polishing starts from the beginning again. I think I have to polish the whole loop at least twice.
I managed to get over the hump and finished about 90% of the dialog. It was difficult for me to make characters keep saying something about the puzzle and storyline depending on the situation.
I sincerely appreciate subscribers reading this. I don’t know how one-twelfth of 2023 has passed so quickly. It has been about a year since I opened this homepage and started doing social media for the first time. Many things happened while making Axiom of Maria after I quit my job, some of which gave me opportunities or were worthwhile, and some put me into hardship or made me despair. I’m sure they both taught me a lot.
Somehow I wanted to write separately for the blog other than social media this time despite my poor English. I have been writing dialogues for about a month, and it has stuck. Usually, the more I spend time, the more things I can make, but writing doesn’t work like that, at least for me, which makes me not know what to do. During this frustrating time, I’m trying to find a path with other things like making music, fixing bugs, or adding small functions. But the obstacle this time seems pretty sturdy. I’m trying to end this writing by the middle of next month, but I’m not sure. I became a bit nervous because dev takes more time than expected, but there is no other way than to move step by step. Translation, Voice recording, more polishing, game options, QA, etc., are waiting for me following the writing of dialogues.
Thanks again for reading my whining, and please excuse me if my expressions were awkward. Have a good weekend.